Are you aged between 16 and 25? The Museum of Oxford's Youth Panel is a social group of volunteers who meet up and create events for the Museum. In the past, the group have planned live music, comedy, family events and Halloween themed events. They usually meet for an hour and a half on an evening once a fortnight at the Museum and they communicate through Facebook. Exciting and a great change to gain skills, meet people and have a real impact on the Museum!
The group usually meets on a weekday evening every other week. Meetings usually start at 5.30pm and run until 7pm
There may be more meetings in the run up to an event and there is often a need to meet in smaller groups outside of these meetings
Refreshments are provided!
Why get involved?
By joining our Youth Panel, you could:
• Gain experience in marketing and event planning
• Develop new skills - including communication, research and social media marketing - to add to your CV/meet DofE volunteering requirements (with the approval of your DofE Leader)
• Work with other young people
• Work with arts and heritage professionals
• Make new friends and have fun
• Contribute ideas to make the Museum more youth-friendly
How to get involved?
Join up through Volunteer Makers and we will be in contact about the next steps.
You must be over 16 to join in with this activity.
By signing up to this challenge, you agree that you have read our privacy statement about how we contact volunteers at the Museum of Oxford. This can be read on our main website.
- Customer Service
- Design & Illustration
- Event Management
- Event Stewarding
- Project Management
- Social Media
- Web Development
- Working independently
- Working with Young People
- Commercial Development
- Computers and Technology
- Creative and Arts
- Event & Project Management
- Events and Programming
- Food & Beverage
- Learning and Education
- Marketing and communications
- Curatorial/Working with Museum Collection