Museum of Oxford Volunteers
The Museum Volunteers are a great team of people and groups from all different walks of life. They have supported the Museum through difficult times and are now instrumental to it flourishing! Supporting your Museum is for everyone, no matter how much time you have available. Being involved can be anything from a re-tweet to regularly volunteering in our spaces. The only way the Museum of Oxford continues to grow and improve is because of your support. So, what are you waiting for?
The Museum of Oxford
Established in 1975, the Museum of Oxford tells the history of the city and its people. With objects ranging from an Anglo Saxon bone ice skate to radiator mascots for the Morris 8 car produced in Oxford. Our Explore Oxford galleries give visitors an introduction to the city’s history in two rooms. We are expanding with the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund and Oxford City Council with a project that will see a much larger museum, with a tripling of displayed collections, opening in the summer of 2020. It is an exciting time to be involved!
Privacy Notice for Volunteering
How we use your personal details:
- Send you volunteering opportunities related to your interests or direct you to Volunteer Makers to take on these opportunities as ‘challenges’
- Send details of meetings, social events and training
- Consult you about issues relevant to the Museum of Oxford
- Potentially flag up other, relevant opportunities in the sector and within Oxford City Council’s Communities Team
- Share information with you about the Museum of Oxford as well as the Communities Team at Oxford City Council
When we will get in touch:
- This will usually be on a weekly basis.
- Emails will also redirect volunteers to the Volunteer Makers website.
- We will be in contact directly to confirm volunteer opportunities you have signed up for or have shown an interest in
We will not share your data:
- We will not share your data with anyone outside of Oxford City Council for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
Changing your communication choices:
- You can opt out of receiving emails from the Museum of Oxford by unsubscribing at any time via the link in the footer of our emails.
What details we ask for and why?
- We ask for minimum information for us to send you relevant information and for us to ensure your safety whilst you are volunteering with us.
- We need to know whether you are over 16 years of age as those under 16 cannot volunteer at the Museum of Oxford.
- We may analyse your personal information, particularly when researching the demographics of those involved with the Museum of Oxford. We will never pass your personal details on to third parties without seeking your consent directly.